- Accident scene management
- Wounds and bleeding
- Burns and poisons
- Head injuries including concussion and compression
- How to manage choking in adults, children and infants
- Heart conditions including stroke, angina, heart attack and cardiac arrest.
- CPR and use of a defibrillator.
- Fractures and sprains
- Some medical emergencies such as appendicitis, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy.
We allow ample time for participants to practice and will not progress to a new topic until the participants are satisfied that the appropriate standard has been met. We believe that participants learn through interaction and so actively promote discussion and questions.
Each participant uses a manikin when teaching the CPR element of the course so that students have plenty of time to practice. Each student receives comprehensive course notes, a pocket mask, and some other proprietary documentation including a CPR flowchart and a treatment record sheet to supplement their accident report form.
For more information email Cillian at email@example.com or call 061 360611
Please quote Purchase Order number if required on invoice. Cheques should be made payable to Shannon Chamber Skillnet.
Shannon Chamber Skillnet is funded by member companies and the Training Networks Programme, an initiative of Skillnets funded from the National Training Fund through the Department of Education and Skills.
For further information please visit www.skillnets.ie