Enhance the Performance of your Team as a Front Line Manager
People are the most valuable resource in every organisation and therefore the role of the Front Line Manager is vital. However, for Front Line Managers in organisations today, overseeing work-flow is not enough, instead they need to inspire and develop their people, deal with change, handle difficult situations, control performance and mentor their teams. This two day programme is focused on providing all the skills required to be an excellent Front Line Manager and so improve overall performance and productivity .
On completion of this programme, participants will have acquired a range of best practice management skills to ensure success in managing others – as well as themselves.
This programme is aimed at individuals who wish to:
- Implement the skills of effective people management
- Acquire a range of management skills
- Develop excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate confidence to deal with challenging situations as they arise
- Build a culture of co-operation through talent management techniques
DAY 1 – COMMUNICATION
- Your role and responsibility as a Front Line Manager
- The traits of an effective Front Line Manager
- Communication styles and techniques – recognising styles and adapting communication accordingly
- Barriers to effective communication
- Communicating difficult messages – effective listening
- The benefits of a positive attitude
- Personality profiling – recognising how to communicate and negotiate with different personality types (Kiersey)
DAY 2 – LEADERSHIP/MOTIVATION
- Characteristics and styles of leadership
- Understanding leadership styles and values
- The importance of leading – task, team, individual
- Evaluating your management style
- Managing others to bring out the best
- Effective and confident delegation
- Being a good motivator in your role
- Motivating factors other than monetary
- Managing performance and under performance
- Key components of the performance planning process
- The purpose and scope of feedback – giving and receiving same
Please book online
For more information email Cillian at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 061 475 854
Please quote Purchase Order number if required on invoice. Cheques should be made payable to Shannon Chamber Skillnet.
Training Cancellation Policy: Training courses which are cancelled over 7 days in advance of scheduled training date shall incur no cancellation fee. Training courses which are cancelled within 7 days of scheduled training date shall incur a cancellation fee equal to 50% of the cost. Registrants who give less than 24 hours notice or fail to attend training will be charged 100% of the full fee.
Shannon Chamber Skillnet is co-funded by Skillnet Ireland and member companies. Skillnet Ireland is funded from the National Training Fund through the Department of Education and Skills.
For further information please visit www.skillnetireland.ie