ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 require that an organisation conduct internal audits to determine the effectiveness of its quality, environmental and health and safety system. Trained auditors must carry out these audits.
Thousands of audits are performed each year providing little internal business benefit. This course focuses on auditing for real improvement rather than just compliance.
This 2-day course is designed for personnel who wish to gain an understanding of ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 and to develop the skills necessary to become an auditor of an integrated management system.
- Overview of ISO 9001
- Overview of ISO 14001
- Overview of OHSAS 18001
- Process mapping
- Evolution of occupational quality, environmental and health and safety management systems
- Comparison of occupational health and safety systems with quality and environmental management systems
- Integrated management systems (IMS)
- Planning the system
- The Risk Assessment Process
- Risk Assessment case study
- Implementation and operation
- Checking and corrective action
- Management review
- Irish and EU EHS legislation
- Quality, Environmental and Health and Safety Auditing Skills
- The Audit Team
- The Auditing Tool Kit
- Audit Execution
- Interviewing Techniques
- Gathering Audit Evidence
- Evaluating Audit Results
- Reporting the Audit
- Post Audit Activities
- Process Auditing
- Preparation for conducting the audit
- Review and reporting presentation of audit findings
Who Should Attend?
- Environmental Health and Safety Officers and Managers
- Technical Managers
- Environmental Manager
- Quality Managers and Auditors
- Safety Representatives
- Internal Environmental and Health & Safety Management Systems Auditors
What will I learn?
Participants achieve the following learning outcomes from the programme:
- Understand the elements of ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001
- Understand applicable Irish and EU EHS legislation
- Be competent to conduct an internal quality, environment and health and safety audit
- Understand the documentation required by ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001
- Understand the responsibilities of Internal Auditors
- Be able to conduct an effective internal audit e.g. plan and organise an internal audit against the organisation’s documented procedures and processes
- Collect and analyse evidence objectively
- Evaluate and report the results of an internal audit
Delegates will receive a very comprehensive course manual.
The Investment needed:
Member Fee: €270
Non Member Fee: €300
Please book online
For more information contact Cillian Griffey email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 061 360611
Training Cancellation Policy: Training courses which are cancelled over 7 days in advance of scheduled training date shall incur no cancellation fee. Training courses which are cancelled within 7 days of scheduled training date shall incur a cancellation fee equal to 50% of the cost. Registrants who fail to attend training will be charged 100% of the full fee.
Please quote Purchase Order number if required on invoice. Cheques should be made payable to Shannon Chamber Skillnet.
Shannon Chamber Skillnet is funded by member companies and the Training Networks Programme, an initiative of Skillnets funded from the National Training Fund through the Department of Education and Skills.
For further information please visit www.skillnets.ie