- Would you like to have an empty inbox at the end of each day?
- Would you like to schedule realistic days and never have to worry about forgetting to do or follow-up on a piece of work?
- Would you like have an organised system that will help you work more effectively on a daily basis?
The “Personal Productivity using Microsoft Outlook” training course will provide participants with a totally practical and workable solution to managing their workload and time more effectively.
This is not a standard Time Management training course. Although we cover ‘Time Management Best Practice’ at the beginning of the day, unless there is a practical way of actually applying that theory, it is just that – ‘Theory’. Therefore the emphasis of the day is on the practical application of that theory using Microsoft Outlook as the tool.
Do not let e-mail control your day – instead you can take control through the customisation of MS Outlook and by using various features & tools within Outlook. Learn how to prioritise, set, manage and achieve realistic goals & tasks you set for yourself. Learn how to share information with other users and work more effectively as a group.
This program has been designed to provide you with the knowledge, skills and competencies to effectively use Outlook as your organisational tool.
Anyone who feels overwhelmed by email and workload and believes that…. “There aren’t enough hours in the day”. For those who would like a practical solution that can immediately be implemented on return to the office.
All participants should have a working knowledge of MS Outlook.
FOLLOW-UP 1-1 IMPLEMENTATION (Optional)
Following the training course, there is an option of having some 1-1 training in order to ensure that the content of the course is actually being implemented in the workplace. These 1-1 sessions can either take place on the phone, or preferably at the person’s desk and of a1 hour duration. There is an additional charge for this service so you can decide yourself if you would like to avail of it or not.
Time Management Principles
- You can’t create time, but you can schedule it!
- Setting Goals & Prioritising
- Tips for getting started
- Break it down
- Prioritise – Important vs. Urgent
- Managing time – Interruptions etc.
- Work Smarter – Communicate & Delegate
- Time Stealers – What are yours
- Top 10 – Time Management Best Practice
Overview of MS Outlook Basics
- Shortcuts & Speed Keys
- Changing View Preferences
- Navigating through mail quickly
- Selecting & Forwarding Multiple Messages
- Creating and using signatures
- Use AutoText for frequently used text
Customise MS Outlook
- Change Default settings to ensure Outlook is working for you.
Working with your Personal Calendar and Tasks
- Using the Calendar & Tasks together as your planner
- Creating Personal Tasks / To-Do’s
- Prioritising Tasks
- Re-dating Tasks
- Recurring Tasks
- Inserting Hyperlinks
- Marking Tasks Complete / Moving completed tasks
- Categorising Tasks
- Creating / Editing / Deleting Calendar Entries
- Printing the Calendar (workable format)
- Add Colour to your calendar
Working with email
- Act Now! – Apply the 4 D’s to your email.
- Manage workload by creating tasks directly from email.
- Keep a record – Working with Folders
- Follow-up on Sent Items
- Creating Rules to act on Incoming and / or Outgoing Mail
- Mailbox Full? – Create a Personal Folder File
Working with your Address Book
- Adding / Editing / Deleting Contacts
- Add Sender to Address Book / Gather other contact information from an E-mail
- Creating Groups (Distribution Lists)
- Use contacts to store frequently accessed information.
Working with others / Data Collaboration
- Using the Out of Office Assistant
- Scheduling Meetings with others
- Delivery Options for Meeting Invitations
- Respond to Meeting Invitations
- Cancel / Re-Schedule Meetings
- Sharing your calendar / opening other user’s calendars
- Accessing Group Calendars
This is a one day programme and places are limited
Member Fee €140
Non-Member Fee €170
Please book online
For more information email Cillian at email@example.com or call 061 360 611
Training Cancellation Policy: Training courses which are cancelled over 7 days in advance of scheduled training date shall incur no cancellation fee. Training courses which are cancelled within 7 days of scheduled training date shall incur a cancellation fee equal to 50% of the cost. Registrants who cancel within 24 hours or fail to attend training will be charged 100% of the full fee.
Please quote Purchase Order number if required on invoice. Cheques should be made payable to Shannon Chamber Skillnet.
Shannon Chamber Skillnet is co-funded by Skillnet Ireland and member companies. Skillnet Ireland is funded from the National Training Fund through the Department of Education and Skills.
For further information please visit www.skillnetireland.ie